Sunday 6 January 2013

Blondes vs. brunettes





It's the million dollar question: Do men consider blondes or brunettes more attractive? Not only is it a question of desirability but success. 

A study by the University of Westminster and the Scandinavian Journal of Psychology suggests men find brunettes more attractive... On paper.
A woman was sent to three London nightclubs with her hair dyed blonde, brunette and red. Then 130 men rated their favorite picture among the three looks. As a result the brunette was rated as appearing the most intelligent and attractive. And yet the blonde was hit on the most at the club. Nevertheless this supports a survey conducted by Badoo: 2,000 British men were asked which of the three hair colors they found the most attractive, and brunettes won by 33.1% while blondes came in second by 29.5%.

Courtesy of Esquire

Brunettes are also more successful in the workplace than blondes according to a study of 6,000 people by Garnier. They are twice as likely to earn an income between £45,000 and £55,000 than blondes and redheads. 

The rest of the statistics are probably dictated by social clichés, like how 76% said brunettes are smarter and 71% of the men would rather settle down with one. Not to diss my own people (I was born with almost black hair), but I've met some pretty dumb brunettes. I also have some friends who look like blonde Playboy bunnies that will graduate with degrees in chemistry and biology. (Be nice to me and I'll hook you up.)



As much as I am fist pumping about the results, at the end of the day everyone has their own type. There are times when I just can't compete with a blonde standing next to me because some men are hardwired that way. I also can't help it that one of my friends is obsessed with gingers. Or that I had a thing for moustaches at a very young age. Wait, what? 

And now Mariah Carey having a cat fight with herself because why the hell not?















No comments:

Post a Comment